We will start right away on this one with a list of the best places to catch the sunset in Europe.
1) Amsterdam , for it is the place to come for a beach holiday. However, this cool urban beach (which is man-made) is the perfect place in Amsterdam to enjoy the sunset. Another strikingly nice place in the Netherlands to head to for amazing sunset views is Kinderdijk, a village in the the Netherlands’ South Holland province known for it’s 18th century windmills.
2) Park Guell is the place to go if you want to catch a glimpse of a dreamy Mediterranean sunset. As a matter of fact, any high point in Barcelona will land you upon magnificent sunset views.
3)Calton Hill in Scotland has beautiful views.Dugald Stewart Monument on Calton Hill is a spectacular place if you wish to see multicoloured sunsets.
4) Skogafoss,Iceland is a little different to the other places mentioned. Why? It is famous as one of the biggest waterfalls in Iceland. Watch how the clouds wrap around the mountain whilst turning blood red and catch a glimpse of the rainbow forming in front of the waterfall making it a sight you can never forget.
5)Oia,Santorini is a famous village in Greece known for its peaceful vibe along with its fantastic sunsets.
6) Rialto Bridge, for a Venetian sunset is not to be missed and where better to see one than by the river. Rialto Bridge is the best place to watch the colours from the sky reflecting onto the water.Once the colours go from bright orange to dark orange and finally grey, the lights on the canal and bridge will be a sight you cannot forget.
7)Greenwich Park, London . This may not be the highest viewing point in the city. However, if you climb up the top of Greenwich Park just under the statue of James Wolfe you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of Canary Wharf, the National Maritime Museum, the river Thames and the o2. As the sun goes down, the sky will start changing from blue, to purple, to pink making this peaceful place a favourite spot in London to go and catch a glimpse of the sunset.
8)Newquay, England is ideal for a surfing holiday and also if you simply are an admirer of sunset, then do make sure to go to Fistral Beach to catch an amazing sunset!
9)Pont Neuf bridge, Paris . A romantic setting with a beautiful sunset, indeed. Head to the city of love to experience a beautiful sunset over the Eiffel Tower and the Seine. Discover a nice spot on the bridge overlooking the river and watch the water start to glow as the sun sets. Soak in the atmosphere and witness the sky change from blue, to yellow, to orange and finally purple. Jolie.
10) Prague castle, for it has some the best views of the quaint city making it an incredible place to watch the sunset.
11)Rozenhoedkaai, Belgium, is probably one of the most photographed areas in Bruges and it’s even more spectacular when watching the sunset over the canal.